Check your SASSA Status online easily. Stay informed about your application and payment with regular SASSA Status Check. Our secure website provides real-time SASSA SRD Status Check updates anytime. Enter your ID and Phone Number to see your approval status or any errors. Frequently checking helps you track your monthly grant. We provide accurate information to help grant recipients. Bookmark today to monitor your SRD grant status conveniently.
How to Check SASSA Status?
Checking your SASSA grant status online is straightforward. Follow these simple steps:
- Go to the SRD Status Check website or simply fill the above form
- Enter your 13-digit South African ID number in the “ID Number” field.
- Input the cell phone number used on your SASSA grant application under “Phone Number”.
- Click the “Check Status” button to submit your status check request.
- The SASSA Status Check system will search the database and display any approved grant months along with your application ID.
The online status check allows you to see current payment dates and stay updated on your grant eligibility. It provides real-time information from the SASSA systems. And Speaking of Eligibility there’s a means test to determine the eligibility of your grants.
What is the SASSA Means Test?
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) does a means test to check if you qualify for social grants. They look at your income, assets, and money situation to decide if you can get government help.
Each grant type has limits for income and assets you must be under to pass the test. SASSA looks at things like your salary, pension, properties, investments and more. They allow deductions for expenses like medical aid, tax and UIF.
Giving SASSA full details about your finances is vital for the test. The means test aims to give grants to citizens who truly need financial help. Knowing the requirements ahead of time can help you through the process smoothly. You need to pass the test to move forward with getting a grant. You can read more details on our separate guide on Understanding SASSA Means Test.
Anyway, reviewing your status online is quick and easy at our website SASSAcheck.live. Try it out and get the latest details on your R350 or social relief grant application.
Check Other SASSA Grants
SASSA Payment Dates for 2023/2024
We know that checking your monthly SASSA grant payment dates is essential to ensure you can collect your funds on time. The payment schedule can vary each month, so it’s important to stay updated.
To help, here is a full overview of upcoming SASSA pay dates from April 2023 to March 2024:
|Older Persons Grant
|April – 2023
|January – 2024
SRD Status Check
You can easily verify the status of your SRD social relief grant with a few simple steps:
- Provide your mobile number to receive a SASSA status PIN.
- Input the PIN to access your grant status information.
- Review your status to see the balance and details of approved SRD grants.
To receive SRD funds, you’ll need to submit your bank account details to SASSA. Good to know:
- SRD grants are paid out every month, so you can check status after 30 days.
- The SRD grant is from the South African government for unemployed citizens.
Our website lets you conveniently check your SRD Status for free. You can also look up SRD payout dates here.
Check your status regularly to stay updated on your SRD grant balance and application progress. Our easy online status check saves you time and trips to the SASSA office.
Check SRD Grant Status for R350 on Official SASSA WhatsApp
The SASSA WhatsApp channel allows you to conveniently check your R350 SRD grant status and communicate directly with SASSA representatives.
To get started:
- Add the official SASSA WhatsApp number – 082 046 8553
- Send the message “SASSA” to receive prompt options
- Choose your grant type and reply “Status Check”
- You’ll then receive your status update and Application ID
Using WhatsApp enables you to:
- Get real-time status updates
- Resolve any issues with your application
- Ask questions on eligibility and procedures
- Receive guidance from SASSA consultants
If you encounter any problems with the WhatsApp method, you can also email [email protected] for assistance.
The R350 SRD grant provides vital financial relief for vulnerable South Africans. The government remains committed to continuing this essential program.
Check your SASSA SRD Status easily via SASSA WhatsApp to stay updated on your R350 application and payouts.
Check Your SASSA R350 Grant Status by Phone
You can easily check the status of your R350 SRD grant application right from your phone.
Follow these steps:
- Call the SASSA status line at 080 060 1011 from your registered number.
- Enter your 13-digit South African ID number when prompted.
- Input the mobile number linked to your SASSA application.
- Answer automated questions about your application.
- Provide your ID and cell number again to receive a one-time PIN.
- The system will then share your real-time application status.
After checking by phone, you’ll also get an SMS with status details so you know when your R350 funds are available for collection.
The phone status check offers a convenient way to get the latest update on your SRD grant approval while on the go. Know your status to ensure timely receipt of your R350 financial relief funds.
Check SASSA Status Online at srd.sassa.gov.za
One of the easiest ways to check your SASSA status is directly through the srd.sassa.gov.za website. Here’s how:
- Go to the SASSA SRD website at https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status
- Enter your registered mobile number in the provided field and also ID Number
- Click “Check Status” to request your status.
- Your status will be showed on the website.
Checking online allows instant access to your status anytime. While payment dates are not specified, rest assured approved funds will be disbursed.
In summary, you have three options to check SRD status:
- Online through the website
- Via WhatsApp
- By phone call
Choose the method that works best for you. Checking regularly helps you stay informed on your R350 grant approval and payment details.
Use these simple steps to call and verify your status today. But wait, there’s one more method as well.
Check SRD Status on the Moya App
The Moya app offers another convenient way to check your SRD grant status right from your smartphone.
To check your status:
- Download the Moya app from the Google Play or Apple App store.
- Open Moya and tap on “Discovery”.
- Select the “Application Status” link.
- Enter your 13-digit SASSA ID number and registered phone number.
- You will be redirected to view your real-time SRD status.
Using the Moya app allows you to check your social relief grant status anytime, anywhere. It’s a fast and easy digital option alongside the website and phone methods.
Install the free Moya app today to look up your SRD status and track your grant application progress online.
How to Check Your SASSA Status Without a Phone Number?
Losing access to your registered SASSA phone number creates issues. This number is used by the South African Social Security Agency to send important updates on your application status. However, there are still options to check your status without access to that linked phone number.
First, you can report the unauthorized change on the SASSA website. Click on the appropriate link, provide your ID and application details, note the phone number issue, and give your updated contact number. After identity verification through email, SASSA can update your correct details in their system.
Additionally, visiting a SASSA office in-person allows representatives to review your application face-to-face. They can validate your identity through documentation and assist you in updating the phone number on file. This ensures you get notifications properly again.
Finally, SASSA’s toll-free call center can look into your account specifics if you call 0800 60 10 11. An agent will verify who you are and discuss recent status changes or upcoming payments related to your SASSA grant. This allows you to check critical details through an alternative method.
Check SASSA Status at SASSA Website
- 1 How to Check SASSA Status?
- 2 What is the SASSA Means Test?
- 3 Check Other SASSA Grants
- 4 SASSA Payment Dates for 2023/2024
- 5 SRD Status Check
- 6 Check SRD Grant Status for R350 on Official SASSA WhatsApp
- 7 Check Your SASSA R350 Grant Status by Phone
- 8 Check SASSA Status Online at srd.sassa.gov.za
- 9 Check SRD Status on the Moya App
- 10 How to Check Your SASSA Status Without a Phone Number?
- 11 Check SASSA Status at SASSA Website
- 12 How Often to Check SASSA Status Update?
- 13 R350 Grant Status Stuck on Pending – Here’s What To Do
- 14 How to SASSA Change Banking Details for SASSA R350?
- 15 Check SASSA Reconsideration Status – Here’s How
- 16 What To Do If Your SASSA Payment is Not Received?
- 17 How to Check R350 Appeal Status?
- 18 What To Do If Your SASSA Status is Approved But No SMS Received?
- 19 SRD Grant Now Active Means Approved
- 20 How to Confirm SASSA Approved Your Grant Application?
- 21 How To Collect Your SASSA SRD Payments Each Month?
- 22 Why Your SASSA Application Status Gets Declined?
- 23 Ensuring You Get Your SASSA SRD Payments
- 24 R350 Grant End Date and Expiry Extension
- 25 Checking Your SASSA Balance and Payment Status
- 26 Frequently Asked Questions
- 27 Conclusion
Understanding SASSA Status Check Results
When you perform a SASSA status check, you may receive one of the following results:
Your grant application has been accepted. You will start receiving monthly payouts. The status will display your grant amount and reference IDs.
Unfortunately your application did not meet the eligibility criteria and was declined.
Your grant is still under review by SASSA. Or you may need to update your payout method.
Your grant was rejected, generally for one of these reasons:
- Your income exceeds the threshold
- An alternative income was found
- Your bank balance exceeds R624
- Your details appear in other databases like NSFAS or UIF
Bank Details Pending
You need to link your bank account with SASSA to receive funds.
Understanding what your status results mean is important. Approved means you’ll start receiving grant funds soon. While rejected, pending or cancelled means additional action is required from you.
Check your status regularly and ensure you take any necessary steps based on the results. This will help you access approved grants smoothly.
How Often to Check SASSA Status Update?
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) provides monthly status updates regarding the payment status of grants and the status of recipient applications. These updates are typically provided before the predetermined pay schedule of annual pay dates when funds are deposited into beneficiaries’ bank accounts or SASSA cards for collection.
It’s recommended that beneficiaries check their SASSA status monthly before the expected paydate. This allows time to address any potential issues that could delay payment. Being proactive avoids last minute problems and ensures you receive your funds on time.
Monitoring status regularly also helps detect fraudulent activity quickly. You can take swift action by reporting unauthorized account changes to SASSA before the next paycycle. Staying informed on the status of your grant gives you greater financial security.
R350 Grant Status Stuck on Pending – Here’s What To Do
If your R350 grant status displays as “pending”, it indicates missing banking details to receive your grant payment. This commonly happens when your payment method is not selected or incorrect information is submitted on your application or reapplication.
Initially, your SASSA status may show pending when your grant application is under SASSA review. This review process takes approximately three months from the date of submission. To prevent payment issues, double check that you have provided accurate bank account details in your application to successfully receive your grant money.
Here are the steps to resolve a pending status:
- Login and access your SASSA account used to apply for the R350 grant.
- Navigate to the “Update Banking Details” section.
- Carefully enter your bank name, account number, branch code and account type.
- Double check all details entered are correct.
- Click Submit.
This will update your account with the right banking particulars so that once approved, your grant can be paid into your account. Be sure to only provide your own legitimate bank account details.
How to SASSA Change Banking Details for SASSA R350?
If you are a permanent SASSA beneficiary, you can conveniently update your bank details anytime for reliable grant collection. Follow this quick 3 step guide to change bank details for your R350 grant:
Step 1) Login to your SASSA account used to apply for the SRD R350 grant.
Step 2) Go to the “Update Bank Details” section.
Step 3) Enter your new bank name, account number, branch code and account type.
Step 4) Verify all details are accurate before clicking Submit.
By updating your banking particulars, SASSA can seamlessly deposit your monthly payments into your nominated account. This allows cardless grant payments, giving you helpful choices to manage funds.
Be sure to only provide your own legitimate personal bank account details in your SASSA profile. Never share your banking information with anyone.
Check SASSA Reconsideration Status – Here’s How
If your initial SASSA grant application was unsuccessful, and you submitted a SASSA reapplication for reconsideration through the online portal, you can conveniently verify its status.
Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the SASSA status check website http://srd.dsd.gov.za/appeals
- Select the “Reconsideration Status” section.
- Enter your 13-digit South African ID Number.
- Enter your 8-digit Application Reference Number.
- Click ‘Submit’ to view your reconsideration status update.
This will display the real-time progress of your reapplication for reconsideration. If your contact details need updating, use the link provided to update your SASSA grant application profile. This assists your request to get approved so that you receive an SMS notification to collect your monthly grant money.
What To Do If Your SASSA Payment is Not Received?
If you have not received your expected SASSA R350 grant payment, there are a few potential reasons for the delay or non-payment.
As an existing recipient, delays could be due to standard processing times, verification procedures, public holidays or weekends.
To address the issue, first check that your payment method is correctly selected and your contact details are up to date in your SASSA profile. If you find any errors, proceed to update your phone number and bank details right away so that your application remains current.
Then, kindly wait a few more days and contact PostBank directly for any technical issues if you are still unable to access your granted funds.
For current SASSA beneficiaries who have not received their scheduled payment, it is advisable to contact SASSA straightaway. Verify your grant status online to confirm whether it is active or cancelled. You can get prompt support by calling the toll-free SASSA call centre on 0800 60 10 11. Inform them of your delayed or missing payment and request assistance.
How to Check R350 Appeal Status?
If your R350 grant application was unsuccessful and you have submitted a formal appeal on the ITSAA website, you can check its status by following these simple steps:
- Go to the SASSA status check website https://sassacheck.live/
- Click on “R350 Appeal Status“.
- Enter your 13-digit South African ID Number.
- Enter your 8-digit Application Reference Number.
- Click ‘Submit’ to see your current appeal status.
This will display the up-to-date progress of your R350 appeal application. If your contact details need updating, use the link provided to update your SASSA grant application profile.
Please note each unsuccessful month requires its own separate appeal lodged within 30-90 days. So ensure you act promptly if you disagree with the decision.
What To Do If Your SASSA Status is Approved But No SMS Received?
If your SASSA status is approved but you did not receive the usual SMS notification containing payment details, there are a few potential reasons:
- Incorrect contact details in your SASSA profile.
- Typo in your submitted application information.
- Insufficient funds resulting in delayed SMS.
- Network issues preventing SMS delivery.
- System error resulting in failed SMS send.
To resolve the missing SMS issue, follow these steps:
- Wait 2-3 days allowing for potential SMS delays.
- Contact your bank to check for system or account issues.
- Verify your current phone number is correctly captured in your SASSA profile.
- If no SMS after several days, call the SASSA helpline 0800 601 011.
- Visit your nearest SASSA office for in-person assistance if the problem persists despite confirmed payment.
Updating your contact details will ensure you receive your SMS notifications promptly going forward.
SRD Grant Now Active Means Approved
When your SASSA status shows “SRD Grant Is Now Active”, it means your R350 application was accepted. You will begin receiving the monthly social relief grant at the scheduled paydates effective from the next calendar month.
This status signifies your grant approval and that funds will be paid on upcoming paydays. You will also receive an SMS notification confirming payment details for successfully collecting your monthly relief grant. If you do not receive the confirmation SMS, contact SASSA to update your contact details.
How to Confirm SASSA Approved Your Grant Application?
Follow these simple steps to check online and confirm whether your R350 grant application was approved:
- Go to the SASSA status check website https://sassacheck.live/ or just scroll above
- Enter your 13-digit South African ID number.
- Enter the mobile number you used to register.
- Click ‘Check Status’.
- Your R350 status will be displayed indicating either Approved or Declined.
In addition to your status displayed online, the agency will send an SMS notification to your registered mobile number on record containing your first paydate if approved.
Being able to check your status online provides a quick and convenient way to verify approval and see your grant status at any time.
How To Collect Your SASSA SRD Payments Each Month?
Once your R350 SASSA grant application gets approved, you will receive an all-important SMS notification indicating the payment month and schedule. This confirmation SMS validates that your relief funds have been authorized for that period.
With this approval SMS, you can then proceed to collect your monthly grant through your nominated payment method. There are convenient options to suit individual needs and circumstances.
To have your funds directly deposited, simply update your bank account details within your SASSA profile. This enables automatic monthly payments into your chosen bank account, eliminating visits to the Post Office or shops.
For recipients without a bank account, alternatives include:
- Pick n Pay
- Cash Send
- South African Post Office
These provide grant collection points nationally so you can access funds. Just present the approval SMS and your ID.
Top Reasons Why Your SASSA Status Check Fails
When your SASSA status check fails repeatedly, the most common reason is that your identity verification was unsuccessful. This happens when your personal details do not match the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) database.
To fix the error, you will need to correct your details in the SASSA application to align with your ID and DHA record. Once updated accurately, your status check will go through and verify your identity.
Why Your SASSA Application Status Gets Declined?
There are a few potential reasons your SASSA status is declined for a specific month’s grant or your application gets rejected entirely:
- You exceed income and asset thresholds of R624 minimum.
- Your ID is already registered for UIF, NSFAS or SARS benefits.
- A change in your unemployment status is detected.
- Alternative income source identified in the SASSA Means Test.
- Your age does not meet the criteria for the grant type.
If you receive a decline notification, first review the stipulated reasons for clarity. Then take corrective steps to fix any issues in your SASSA application and reapply for reconsideration.
Ensuring You Get Your SASSA SRD Payments
To guarantee you receive your SASSA SRD payments without issue, every applicant must check their status online. This prompts the system to issue the all-important approval SMS containing that month’s paydate.
This confirmation SMS verifies that your relief funds for the period have been approved. With this, you can then collect your grant using your preferred method.
For automatic deposits, update your banking details in your SASSA profile. This routes your monthly grant directly into your chosen bank account, avoiding Post Office trips.
If you do not have a bank account, you can opt to use Pick n Pay, Boxer, Cash Send or the Post Office to access funds monthly using the approval SMS.
R350 Grant End Date and Expiry Extension
In late 2022, President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the SASSA R350 grant would be extended. Recognizing its pivotal role in supporting approximately 7 million citizens with essential needs, the relief grant will now continue until March 2024.
This welcome news gives recipients continued financial security. The government is proactively securing additional budget to potentially extend the vital R350 grant even further beyond 2024 as required. But According to latest news, it has now extended till 2025.
Checking Your SASSA Balance and Payment Status
If you updated your bank details, you can easily check your SASSA balance using your bank’s mobile app or online platform to view available funds.
For other payment methods, dial *120*3210# on your phone to hear your SASSA balance via the balance inquiry code.
You can also use the official Govchat app to check your status. Simply register using your cell number and then type ‘Sassa’ to the Govchat agent. Send the message ‘Status’ to see your upcoming payment dates.
This keeps you updated on when to expect your grant and how much you will receive in each payment cycle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Checking your SASSA status is crucial to get approval SMS notifications which allow you to collect monthly payments. Update your details to avoid verification issues. If your application gets declined, review the reasons and fix any problems before reapplying. Conveniently collect funds through nominated payment channels using the confirmation SMS. And easily check your balance by phone, Govchat or your bank app. Staying informed ensures you receive your R350 grant on time to cover essential costs.